Wednesday, October 19, 2011

One Year Already?!!?!

Sunday (October 16) was our 1st Anniversary... crazy! I can't believe we've been married a whole year! Of course my sentimental self couldn't resist putting up some pictures from this time last year. Here are a few of my favorites...

This is right after we exited the Sanctuary!
One of the sweetest moments of the day: with my Daddy right before I walked down the aisle :)
This may be my favorite!

Yeaaa.... the Dip!
My Pretty Girls :)
Greg... really?
It was a perfect day!
Honeymoon Dinner in Cancun

My birthday dinner at the resort

Have you ever seen a sunset this gorgeous???

Then, fast forward 365 days....

To celebrate our wonderful first year, Greg planned a trip to Greenville. We went to the Biltmore, to the Fall for Greenville music festival and roamed through the mountains.

The enormous, gorgeous Biltmore
The largest private estate in its time
I decided it has a very "Beauty and the Beast" feel...

Just one of the many gorgeous roses in the huge garden!
On our actual anniversary, we drove up to the mountains around the time our wedding was. I gave Greg a whole play-by-play recap of our wedding ceremony at the time it happened. I'm not really sure if my mom walked down the aisle at 2:07, but I tried my best. It kept me entertained, and Greg was busy trying to hide his rolling eyes. He loves me so.

The weather was beautiful and the trees were the perfect color of Fall!
The Overlook we stopped at...the view was incredible!

[Beard update: It's growing on me. I'm still contemplating my true thoughts concerning facial hair in general, but for a beard, it's not too bad.]


At the festival our last night

This was the first trip that G and I have taken alone since we've been married...It was so nice to have time to rest, reminisce and reflect on our last 12 months together. The Lord has blessed us more than I could have ever imagined and has given me the best husband EVER!! I'm so grateful for you, Gregor and can't imagine life without you...thanks for planning a fabulous trip, putting up with my craziness and loving me so well!

3 comments:

  1. Your wedding remains my favorite memory of my college career. It was a golden weekend in every way possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post! I like Greg's beard. Perfect for fall. Miss you both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Looks like you had a wonderful 1st anniversary!!! You both look SO happy!!
    Loved the beautiful pictures!!

    Sending you our love, grandma and grandpa Meyer

    ReplyDelete