Monday, September 5, 2011

Out With The Old...

So I keep talking about us moving out of our first apartment, but I never put up pictures of what it looked like. Being the hopeless nostalgic one, I made sure to take lots of pictures before we started packing up our beloved first home.

Moving out of our first apartment created a wave of emotion I totally did not expect. I was sad and boo-hooey throughout the whole packing and moving process. This apartment was the only place Greg and I had lived in together...we knew how it all worked. Where things were, how we moved around, etc.

Most of our first year was spent in that apartment. It's where we spent our time, where we got to know each other better. Moving to a new place felt like we were moving away from each other, and that wasn't a good feeling.

BUT now, after beginning our "settling in" process, we are loving the new house and having fun figuring it out together. We are next door and across the street from some of our dear friends - just icing on top of the cake!

But about the house later. Here are some pictures around our apartment, our first home :)

Our Little Kitchen

I like to call these our "Christmas Couches"...We're very festive.

This would be Greg's "man room." It's very important for him to have his own room to put all of his special man stuff in.
I have a lot of trinkets

Our Wedding Window!

My Wolfe Birds love each other :)
Greg couldn't stand not making it into a picture...he's so sneaky.
Our guest bathroom

Guest bathroom...my cousin Sarah did the flower painting...she's so talented!

A wedding gift we got...I love it!
Guest Room
Our bedroom


Our bathroom

These two paintings are by none other than my talented mother, Janie Davis. Isn't she amazing?
This is of Taylor Grocery right outside Oxford, MS...the best catfish!

Bottletree Bakery on the Square in Oxford...my favorite breakfast place!
And here is an example of Gregor's artwork that he leaves on the whiteboard before he goes to work at the crack of dawn:
He's quite the creative one, eh?
There it is, our first place! Pictures of the new house will come as soon as I make it picture-worthy....

Macon our house a home,
Mary Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment