Monday, October 15, 2012

Playing Catch-Up

So... It's been a super long time since I've visited this blog for anything other than to remember that it exists. Oops... such is life.

Speaking of life, Greg and I are all settled in and enjoying Jackson. As predicted, we still miss our Georgia friends terribly!! I can't believe we've been away for six months. Life moves way too fast.

Greg is working with youth at our church and having a blast. He has also started seminary classes (again), THIS time at RTS Jackson and is LOVING it. I have a hard time with understanding this because I love  do not like school. We heard a speech to the youth recently that challenged them to marry someone smarter than they are. I thought, Check. Whew! Good work, MJ! Then I thought... Hmm... I wonder what Greg is thinking right now? O well, I'm more fun than him. (Sorry babe)

5 interesting things I haven't blogged about:
1. I took a calligraphy class with my mom. I thought it would be my ticket to a side business. After a few classes, I realized ehhh...maybe not.

2. I work at Mississippi Magazine! I'm an Advertising Account Executive (smart words for ad rep) and am having a wonderful time so far.

3. I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint for the first time. Emily Penn was so proud of me! (She has several posts about ASCP on her blog Ask For Roses). My friend Jordan (self-titled "Jordie Sloan") did it together. Not too bad!
 

After - not a great picture, sorry!
Before...Lovely color, eh?



 
4. I've discovered burlap. It's a beautiful thing. I've attempted to sew a few things around the house. I fear I'm reaching my burlap maximum.
Curtains!
My new hidden-from-view dumping station!
What's fall without fun pumpkins?
Hiding hideous should-have-a cabinet-door cabinet shelves
 
5. My mom won an Honorable Mention in the Grand National Watercolor exhibit! For all you non-art people (including myself), this is a national contest that you a. have to be accepted to and b. it's a BIG deal if you win! Congrats Mama!
 


BONUS:
Tomorrow is our 2-year anniversary!! WHAT?!?!? Time flies when you love life with your BF!
 
More interesting things to come!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post and all your home photos! The side table looks fantastic. I'm so proud!

    I wish we lived closer so that we (and by we I mean you, me and Jordie Sloan)could paint together!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete